I’m a simple gal with several skin troubles, which include dry, acne-prone skin, an oily t-zone, acne scarring, and skin texture. I want a clean and clear face just as much as the next person, but for a daily routine I prefer as few steps as possible. That’s why I strive for a simple but effective skincare routine!
When I lucked up on a cleanser that made my face glow and diminished my acne scarring within a couple weeks–I was floored!
While scrolling through Amazon to find a new cleanser to replace my cleanser-of-the-quarter, I decided to look into a Korean one in lieu of my excitement for my trip to Korea last summer.
In the search bar, I typed in the keywords: <korean>, <cleanser>, <moisturizing>.
One of the search results that caught my eye was The Face Shop’s Foaming Rice Cleanser–mainly because of the price point (under $8!).
Not only was the price point a plus, but I went into research mode and found that a lot of people raved about this particular rice cleanser line.
How clearer can you get on a claim than to read it straight from the product’s packaging?
“Brightening deep-cleaning foam effectively cleanses away makeup as the whipped cream texture gently envelops the skin. Formulated with natural cleansing agents including Rice Extract and Soapwort Extract, it leaves skin looking clear and bright.”
Why I’m Loving It?
After using it for over a year, I’ve noticed it:
- Gets my face squeaky clean, but isn’t drying.
- Actually moisturizes my face.
- Brightens my complexion, making me glow (didn’t tell my mom I had switched cleansers, and she commented on it!)
- And my favorite… it diminishes my acne scarring!
You guys… I wasn’t expecting such good results!
I had a handful of acne scars on my right cheek, ones that had stubbornly stayed put for months to years. They started disappearing after only a few washes with this rice cleanser (how much clearer my skin looked was also something my mother commented on).
I was pleasantly surprised!
Why Rice Water?
After seeing the results of this Korean cleanser, I began looking into the benefits of rice water, and it does a lot of good for the skin and hair!
And it’s easy to DIY!
I enjoy the foaming rice cleanser for its ability to really… well, cleanse! Especially on makeup or workout days. I just want to feel cleaner on those grimier days–cleaner than I believe just slathering rice water on my face would allow.
Maybe you’re the type who would rather get a deep analysis of the product, don’t worry, I’ve gotcha covered!
This foaming cleanser has a feel similar to a dense, whipped mousse.
- Wet your face.
- Apply a pea-sized amount (or smaller!) into your hand and rub it together in your hands. This is one of those products where a little goes a long way.
- To give it enough face time (pun included), I sing the ABCs as I move the foaming product around in circular motions all over my face.
- Sometimes after singing the ABCs to myself, I may do one more round after diluting the cream with more water (sometimes it can still be pretty foamy on the face). This is just a personal preference!
- Rinse, pat dry, and then follow up with the rest of your skincare routine!
Is The Face Shop’s Foaming Rice Cleanser something you’d try? What about rice water in general? Comment below if it’s something that intrigues you!